Monday, September 8, 2014

Mon Lavevaisselle est Mort #2

The bad news is that I will have to wait for at least another two weeks before my dishwasher can be repaired as a new module is needed and here in the West parts are rarely available when needed and have to be shipped in.


But the good news is that Miele will pay for the replacement module and the serviceman's fee as a 'goodwill gesture'.  Since it was going to cost me almost as much as a brand new Asko dishwasher it seems a sensible and helpful move on Miele's part.


Meanwhile, I am washing up by hand  -  a not too onerous job  -  but Multiplex, in its wisdoms (or lack of it and there are plenty of instances of that) saw fit to neglect to install a draining board so I am using the bottom rack of the dishwasher to drain and dry the dishes which then drip all over the bench top.


Herself's friend from schooldays, Daffodil, is arriving from England this afternoon and Herself intends, if Daffodil is not too jetlagged, to bringing her here for coffee, show her the Claremont Quarter, and watch me spinning on the electronic spinner  -  which is rather like watching paint dry but to add to the excitement I am using the bobbin known as The Kicker and which has been marked with nailpolish (not red as I don't have any) to designate it as dangerous when crossed.  I decided that I had better go through the weary process of getting the bobbin started and The Kicker lived up to her name and the singles broke many times before I got it going; so fingers crossed for tomorrow.


The babies have decided that they should be allowed to walk in the passage and they do fine as long as I take them one by one and with just a collar and lead but that is not secure as they can back out of the collar which is designed to slip off if the wearer is in danger of being strangled.  So today I took them out together in their harnesses and both lay down as soon as they got outside the door so I hauled them back again and removed the leads from the harnesses and they are going to have to get used to wearing their harnesses if they want to go walkies again.  They are gorgeous and I love then dearly but their oriental voices when they want something are a bit much, especially as they consider me a captive audience when I am working at my computer.


Poppy, the chronometer kitten likes to make sure that I go to bed at a timely hour and starts in at about 9.30pm  -  I rarely get to bed before midnight.  Bless their little black hearts; they keep me company and are very entertaining but I never realised just how much work indoor cats create.

No comments:

Post a Comment