Thursday, June 16, 2016

Sync or Swim Mk2

I turned on my computer this morning to find that all my contacts had been deleted  -  every single one  -  from my Office Outlook 16 Mail.  I didn't have time this morning to do more than tear out my hair because I had to catch the 9.12 train to get to COTA on time.

This afternoon I thought that if I encouraged my contacts list by putting in my own email address it might be encouraged to find the rest but to no avail.  However this evening I was exploring all the little dots, dashes circles and whatevers which Windows 10 decorates itself with and I found a folder with 122  of what I can only think are efforts to sync my mailbox because the garbage in each one mentioned syncing  -  perhaps to Outlook-Mail.  It almost looks as though Microsoft has taken all the addresses and tried to copy them into the defunct Outlook-Mail where there is, once again, an email from myself in the Drafts Folder.  This happens regularly and is the only activity there.

Anyway, I send a despairing email to Techie (after looking up his company's email address on the internet) and he will try to come around tomorrow.  Sod's Law says that it will all be back in place tomorrow morning.  Meanwhile I have done another copy  onto another flash drive of the contacts still on my Windows 7 computer just in case the first one disappears.  I am trying not to leave anything to chance.  I will put them all into Gmail's contact list but it will be tedious, particularly since I can't remember who a lot of them actually are.

I got out of bed yesterday morning before sunrise to be up in West Perth by 7.45am for my appointment with the Oral Surgeon.  The white patch on the inner side of my cheek, which concerned my dentist so much is an auto-immune condition called Lichen Planus and is right through my mouth; and I thought that it was the chilli and corn chips which was making my mouth sore.  She has ordered a fasting blood test, a biopsy and then another consultation but says that it is most unlikely to become cancerous since I don't smoke and I drink very little.

D3 says that going gluten-free is the first step to treating auto-immune conditions, of which I seem to have several, so I'll give it a try although probably not as rigidly as she and her family do.  I have replaced my muesli with gluten-free stuff and eaten all my chocolates which is a good thing  and now I will probably have to go back to fasting for two days per week to trim the chocolates off again.

And speaking of COTA, my second client who was 30 minutes late had the most stuffed up computer I have EVER seen and when she logged it onto my little hotspot (which had 1.3gb still in it) it drained the lot instantly.  I took the hotspot to the Telstra shop and the man who re-loaded it agreed that it had drained a huge amount very fast so I will not reconnect her and we will have to use the COTA computers unless she gets a serious overhaul  -  which I recommended but it is a Dell and their service facility is in Sydney so I doubt if anything will be done  -  ever!  She got lost coming from one suburb away and phoned for directions three or four times so I doubt if we will do more than cover the basics, internet or not.  And my nice first client for the  day has had his allotted lessons so won't be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment