Friday, March 22, 2019

Combing The Catgrass

I have always had a problem maintaining a good supply of cat grass for my cats.  The seed kits which I buy from the pet shop are difficult to germinate and expensive.  I have evolved a way of growing it but it is very hit and miss.  I can buy cat grass from the local Bunnings Hardware Store but it is not always available and coarsens very quickly so I decided to experiment with wheat seed; the stuff which people grow to liquify and drink.

It germinates very quickly and the cats appear to like it but they tend to dribble all over it and the leaves stick together so I have to comb them with my fingers every day or the glued-together fronds die.  I suspect that I need to trim them on a regular basis as one would harvest the stuff for human consumption.  

This business of indoor cats is not as simple as keeping the outdoor variety.  I hadn't realised how much work they create and they learn fast.  Cleaning out the litter trays registers in their minds as the time when I groom them so they shout at me whenever they do a small pee and if I go to the bathroom in the late afternoon they take as an indication that I am about to feed them as that is the time when I change into my yoga clothes and give them their soft food.  Two tiny black tyrants!

I have been watching an episode of Star Trek every night since Christmas and now have only seven or eight nights left before I either have to start over again or watch something else  -  probably Minder or Callan.  I have most of the Callan series but not Series 2 in which Toby Meares features.  This is disappointing as he was a smooth and thoroughly nasty public school boy .  I enjoyed him and his replacement was small beer in comparison and eventually had to be killed off.

My hip is almost recovered and I am back to doing yoga which is a relief as I was getting stiff.  I am still taking anti-inflammatory stuff but in a very reduced dose.  I missed out on the Special General Meeting because I was still hobbling around on crutches but I nominated a proxy and let my voting inclination be known.  I heard today that the motion to ban short-stay accommodation in the complex was unanimous.  It only needed a 25% vote against Airbnb so hopefully the subject will not be raised again in my lifetime.

I am sorry that this is all so boring but the blog started as a diary and I find it interesting to look back. Hopefully I can make up for it with a limerick:-

You will read in Professor Schmuck's treatise
In the words of the famed Epictetus
The curious lore
That young girls by the score
Are afflicted with athlete's foetus.

No comments:

Post a Comment