Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I have been reading some of my recent blogs

They are not happy blogs:  Sorry.

As anyone reading them will probably gather, I have been having problems with my left hip but that is now starting to feel better and I am back to doing yoga so all is almost right with the world again.

Yesterday we had out bi-monthly 'Lotto Lunch' and welcomed a new member of the group.  She worked with us for a year and it was really great to see her again.  Hopefully she will become a regular but as she is still working I will reserve judgement on that; she is very busy.

I suggested that people might enjoy a change of venue and that the new Fish & Chip shop might be good as they serve salads as well as chips and either batter or grill the fish.  We will see what people think. The person who is organising the lunch next time has some strict dietary requirements so if it passes muster with her it could be a viable alternative place to meet.

I went back and read some of my very early blog entries and at that time, instead of limericks, I was posting quotes from what I remember as a rather funny book with hints on how to behave on the internet.  I went to Amazon and the book is still available so I am thinking of doing a re-read and maybe posting some of its words of wisdom when I have run out of relatively clean limericks.  I flatly refuse to post any featuring flatulent nuns, a subject which limerick writers see as funny for some unfathomable reason.

The only quote I read from the internet book, and which, out of the blue I cannot think of  any explanation for is "In a survey always choose Option 4."

And the Limerick:-

A Kentucky-bound author named Vaughan,
Whose style often savoured of scorn
Soon inscribed in his journals,
"Here the corn's full of kernels
And the Colonels are all full of corn."

No comments:

Post a Comment