Sunday, March 10, 2019

Red Letter Day

I have had my current pair of cats for over seven years and as they are entirely indoor cats they need to have their claws clipped regularly every three weeks.  Parsifal is good; he knows that he is going to get a special treat afterwards and only gets restless towards the end in anticipation of said treats.  But Poppy has always been a struggle and it is on her account that claw clipping day has always been something I dread.

But yesterday she let me clip all four paws without the aid of her muzzle and all-enveloping towel.  Since she has been on anti-inflammatory medication she has been a different little cat and I am realising more and more that she must have been in considerable pain for most of her life.  She is even having an occasional 'mad moment' which used to be entirely a Parsifal activity in which he would puff up his tail and gallop around the apartment growling.

This week is going to be the seminal time when they both have to have their health checks and immunisations.  This has always been a battle ever since Parsifal bit the vet when he was a kitten when she dared to take his temperature.  I have decided to take them separately as I suspected that they were scaring each other in their panic.  Poppy has her check-up tomorrow and Parsifal has his two days later.  I now have sedatives to give them so hopefully the vet will be able to give each of them a proper examination.

I am off my crutches and will recommence yoga tomorrow evening but gently until I test the waters as I do not want to stir up whatever it was which caused all the hip pain.  And I have finished knitting the front of the purple possum sweater and have pinned the shoulders ready to sew up and pick up the stitches to knit the cowl.  Then it is only the sleeves to knit and it should be ready for winter.

The Limerick:-
A forward young fellow named Tarr
Had a habit of goosing his Ma;
'Go pester your sister,'
She said when he kissed her,
'I've trouble enough with your Pa.'

No comments:

Post a Comment