Friday, March 8, 2019

Looming Health Checks

Next week is THAT TIME when I have to gird up my loins and take the cats to the vet for their annual check-ups.  The vet, in anticipation, has furnished me with sedatives; one to be given the night before and one the morning of the visit.  I have decided to take them separately this year  as the couple of times when I have had to take one on its own there has not been the same panic and aggression.  So next week is going to be busy.  I have never tried giving either of them pills and have never had a problem with any of my other cats but I am not so sure about these two.

I am still fixated on the adventures of the Starship Enterprise.  Spok had his brain removed recently and Captain Kirk was killed but they were both miraculously made whole again through the medical skill of Dr McCoy.  I have noticed a certain sameness about the episodes; high drama and fisticuffs followed by last-minute resolution.  Kirk is a master of unarmed combat and Spok is a dab hand with the short sword.

And my hip is recovering so I'll be back to doing careful yoga next week.  I have enjoyed the break but it is frightening how quickly one stiffens up if one doesn't stretch regularly. I have spent the time trying to finish knitting the purple possum sweater before the weather cools down  -  and please God that will be soon.  We have had several hot, humid, windless days and it is starting to affect everyone I have spoken to.  This is Sydney weather and we are not used to it here in Perth.

The limerick:-

There was a young warrior of Parma
Who got into bed with his charmer.
She, naturally nude
Said, 'Don't think me rude
But I do wish you'd take off your armour!'

No comments:

Post a Comment