Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Done and Dusted



. . .at least until next year when the cats' vaccinations are again due.


Things went better this time around.  I arranged to take them on different days so that they could not freak each other.  Poppy went the day before yesterday and was sedated and subdued but not downright hostile.  Parsifal went this morning.  The sedative had no obvious effect on him but he behaved himself and allowed Dr. L to examine him.  Then I put him down on the floor to allow him to climb back into the kitty carriage and Dr. L knelt down and gave him some treats after which he smooched her; so she at least has seen his best side.

I am not going to the meeting tonight and have nominated a proxy and put in my voting sheet.  I could still go but I am not sure if I can walk that far yet although my hip is feeling a great deal better so maybe it will recover on its own.  Tomorrow I am having my hair trimmed and then coffee with a friend so the week is getting better all the time. 

I am back to doing yoga and feeling much better for it and have started knitting the cowl neck to the  the purple possum sweater.  Then it is just the sleeves and the sewing up and I will get on to knitting wrist warmers for the unfortunate people who have to sleep on the streets.  D2 is very involved with an organisation called Outreach which tries to improve the lives of the homeless people.  Mostly I have been knitting beanies but she mentioned that those who sleep out need something to keep their hands warm.

Because of all the limericks which I post here on my blog my mind tends to mentally recite in limerick form and a couple of days ago the last lines of a limerick from my teen years started buzzing around my brain.  I looked it up in google, using those lines which I could remember and I will post it today but there needs to be an explanation.  It was a huge scandal in England in the 1960s when I was at university and the newspapers were full of it.

It involved two teenaged call girls, an osteopath, a Russian diplomat and a Cabinet Minister and it eventually brought down the British government.  For information, if anyone is interested, google "The Profumo Affair."

The Limerick:-

"Oh, what have you done?" said Christine
"You've disrupted the Party machine;
To lie in the nude 
May be terribly rude
But to lie in the House is obscene."





No comments:

Post a Comment