Monday, April 1, 2019

Decluttering - a Lifetime Committment

I started decluttering a few weeks ago because I had run out of storage space and since I employed professional packers and unpackers when I moved house I really have no idea what came to Claremont with me.  I had sorted and disposed of all the big things which I knew I would not have a place for but the little things lurking at the back of drawers followed me here and have been lurking at the back of draws for over seven years.

Which brings me to my photographs.  I have been taking photos ever since the kids were small and when I started researching my family I started accumulating old family photos, going right back to my great-grandmother and (?) great-grandfather.  I suspect that my grandfather was a cuckoo baby so I am not sure about the great-grandfather.

All my photo albums, folders, slip-in books etc. are falling apart and I have decided to put everything together in acid-free archival albums.  There used to be an archival outlet fairly close but I can no longer find any record of it so I went  on-line to an Australian site which gave me a wide choice of products.

The problem was that, having made my selection, it wouldn't allow me to pay.  I spent this morning clearing my cookies and trying again but clearing my cookies did not clear my shopping basket with the result that, as I tried again and again to get to PayPal, I accumulated more of the same.  Eventually I gave up and went to the site's contact information and emailed to ask if the company was actually still trading.

Yeah!  They still had my order and details so I received a phone call and was able to complete the transaction over the phone.  I do not like not being able to use PayPal but needs must and my photo stuff will be arriving, hopefully by the end of the week.  Hopefully the PayPal glitch will be fixed by the time I work out just how many albums, photo corners and photo glue I need and will be able to make trouble-free transactions in the future.

The Limerick:-

The Reverend Mr. Uprightly
Was cuckolded daily and nightly.
He murmured, "Dear, dear!
I would fain interfere,
If I knew how to do it  politely."

No comments:

Post a Comment