Friday, April 5, 2019

The End of Exploring New Worlds as we Know them.

My immersion in Star Trek has finally come to an end and not with a bang but with a decided whimper.  The last episode on the CDs was quite different from the rest with a totally new cast except for Spok.  

The replacement captain was depressed and wanted to get off the ship, the doctor was an elderly man in a white coat and Spok looked as though he had dressed in the dark in whatever he could find in the shambles and to make matters worse the whole thing was grainy.  It looked like a first try which didn't altogether work and I didn't bother to watch it. I like McCoy, Scotty, Bones, Uhura, Chekov and Sulu and I obviously wasn't going to get them unless Spok jumped ship and joined another crew.

My next choices are either Callan or Minder or with extreme comedy from Soap if I can work the 'skip to next band' button as Soap starts every episode with a summary of all which has gone before and that takes up quite a bit of each episode.  It is a very, very complicated saga and very, very funny.

Autumn is truly here with cold (by Perth standards) mornings and warm days.  I realised this last night when Parsifal inserted himself into my bed in the early hours of the morning.  It is a lovely feeling; warm cat slithering down my back and purring.  Poppy elected to stay on her own bed: maybe it needs to get colder before she joins us.

I have finished  knitting the cowl for the Purple Possum sweater and have now begun on the first sleeve.  I need to get it finished before winter sets in although I now have so many sweaters that  I will be spoiled for choices and I am going to have to go back to knitting beanies and maybe wrist warmers as there has been a request for some for the people who have to sleep rough and need something to cover their hands.

My decluttering is progressing slowly.  I keep getting side-tracked and last night came across accounts and receipts from 2010 onwards.  Among the mass was a valuation of household contents, including jewellery and was a stark reminder of how much I managed to divest myself of before I moved.  A lot of the furniture belonged to D3 but she was married with children by that time so it must have been a copy of a much earlier valuation.  Anyway  -  the whole lot will be shredded and binned.  The recycling people do not want paper and I certainly do not want it all to be dumped unshredded.

Hopefully the photo album and sticky stuff which I ordered will arrive next week and I can get back to the decluttering which interests me the most  -  family photos.

The Limerick:-

A widow whose singular vice
Was to keep her late husband on ice,
Said, "It's been hard since I lost him -
I'll never defrost him!
Cold comfort, but cheap at the price."

No comments:

Post a Comment