Sunday, April 28, 2019

I . . Rapunzel

Not all about princesses in towers and not all about hair; just a little bit of both.

The lift is still not working and we are still having to go in and out the back way.  Because of the step down from the back door to the lift it is not practical to bring shopping trolleys through that way.  We are discouraged from using plastic bags for our shopping and some things are too heavy to carry all the way around to the back lift so I have devised a sort of short cut and I noticed a couple of days ago that I am not the only one using this route.

It involves taking the back lift to level four, walking through the secure parking area, through the security door to the unsecured parking area and walking the short distance to the Staff parking area which has a lift directly down to the main floor of the shopping centre.  It probably isn't much shorter but it feels shorter and lands me almost outside Coles Supermarket which is where the trolleys come from.  But I feel very isolated up here and especially since neither D2 or D3 contacted me over Easter.  I realise that I could have contacted them and today I tried to phone D3 with no response.

And the "Rapunzel, let down your hair" bit?  Not possible, I had it trimmed just two days ago but I now have a grey streak  from my left temple (there may be more but only my hairdresser could know about that) so I decided to do what I have been itching to do for years  -  put some colour in.

With that object I mind I bought one of those temporary hair dyes and this morning I shampooed it in, waited the required 30 minutes and rinsed it out.  It looks exactly the same as it did before  -  no purple streaks anywhere in sight.  I have waited almost 80 years until my hair was, even in streaks, light enough to colour up without bleaching first  -  and nothing!  I'll just have to go grey gracefully instead of going wild with rainbow colours.

I have knitted about half of the second sleeve of the purple possum sweater and have spent the last couple of days knitting wrist warmers for the homeless.  I used a pattern for mittens and have been modifying it to leave the fingers and thumb uncovered and making notes so that I will be able to compile a definitive pattern for future use for me and anyone else who wants to knit them.  Currently most of my knitting group are knitting knockers (don't ask).

The Limerick:-

A herder who hailed from Terre Haute
Fell in love with a young nanny goat;
The daughter he sired
Was greatly admired
For her beautiful angora coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment