Wednesday, April 10, 2019

What???

I am not sure if I had mentioned in an earlier post that I have ordered an acid-free archival photograph album and some sticky things to fix all my photographs, including those of my ancestors.  However, this morning I received a phone call from the representative from the organisation which sells acid-free photo albums asking me exactly where my apartment is because the courier given the task of delivering the album had gone to the address and found it full of shops.  He was new on the job and wanted to know which shop he was to deliver the album to.  

I explained that there were two blocks of apartments over the two-storey Shopping Centre and told her how to find my front door.  A pause and then she said that the courier was reluctant to enter the shopping centre carrying a parcel.  It is a shopping centre, for goodness sake and people buy stuff and carry parcels all the time.  Anyway, I suggested that if the guy was that uncomfortable with walking across the arcade he could drop it off at the Post Office.

It is not at the Post Office and it is not at the courier drop-off two doors down from the Post Office so I have emailed the sender who will receive the email tomorrow morning.  Goodness knows where it is or if I will eventually get it; I can visualise the courier panicking and throwing in the towel but hopefully he will return all undelivered parcels to base before he does so.  If a shopping centre panics him what would he be like with a big dog.

I have resolved the Callan/Minder dilemma.  A mention on the ABC about a singing group called The Seekers brought another option to mind.  The connection is obscure but I have now started watching a satirical Australian comedy series called "The Games" about the run-up and organisation of the Sydney Olympic Games.  It stars Bryan Dawe, Gina Riley and John Clarke (sadly now deceased).  When it was on TV I missed the first part and discovered it when they were at the stage of trying to work out how to put a good spin on the 100 metre running track which was not actually 100 metres long.  So I am watching it from the beginning and will take in all 26 episodes in order.

I had lunch with D3 today and she is going to order a yoga chair for me when she orders herself one.  My balance is not that good, especially in the high lunges, so a specially designed chair will be good as it will give me confidence even if I never actually need it.

The limerick:-

There was a young lady of Wantage
Of whom the Town clerk took advantage.
Said the County Surveyor,
"Of course you must pay her:
You've altered the line of her frontage."

No comments:

Post a Comment