Monday, June 15, 2009

Bare midriff ! It is winter for goodness' sake ...

I saw my doctor for a general checkup today, part of the government's initiative about preventative medicine. She told me that the latest buzzword is Vitamin D and that, with the slip, slop and slap campaign, very few Australians are getting sufficient vitamin D and that, in order to prevent osteoporosis, I should bare my thighs and midriff to the sun for thirty minutes every day ... and there was me thinking that my pre-dawn walks along the seafront would give me enough sunlight. I am not sure how I am going to do the sunbathing thing; strip off in the backyard on the stroke of noon? That is fine on a day like today when it is sunny and warmish but what am I supposed to do when it rains?

So now I have to have a blood test, a bone scan and a mammogram and hopefully all will be well until the next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment