Thursday, October 17, 2013

Claremont Council? What council? A big girl's blouse, more like ...

All cats in Western Australia have to be sterilised, microchipped and registered by 31st of this month.  I have just got back from trying to register my two and the Council hasn't even got the forms to fill in yet!!!  I have always found them hopeless to deal with but this really takes the cake.  They have taken my name and address and will post me a form when they eventually get around to getting them.  *sigh*

I took one of my camisoles out of the drawer yesterday, intending to wear it, only to find that both shoulder straps had been eaten.  It would have happened a couple of weeks ago from memory, so hopefully the straps have digested by now and won't cause any problems in the future.  In the meantime I will either have to replace the straps with something or throw away the camisole.  I have already bought a rather nice apron for spinning and hopefully the ties are not suckable.  nevertheless, I am keeping it in a pillowcase with my spinning.

I have been very lax about getting on with spinning the black corridale, what with a house guest and a generally achy body which seems to be recovering now so I need to get back to it.  Especially as I received the first 100 ounces of the Rosewood dyed tops from America with another nine to follow when the producer has time to do it for me ... and my Turkish spindle from The Isle of Wight arrived today as well; and the extra 200 gms of 'Storm' are on their way from New Zealand so I have plenty to keep me busy .  But I need to go out and buy some more knitting needles; I seem to have every size but the one I want and they are straight metal ones and I have got used to using the round ones.

Here is a picture of one of my plaits of 'Rosewood'.  I hope that I will have enough to make a jumper.  Click on the picture to enlarge it.


No comments:

Post a Comment