Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Well ... Yeah!

My cats are registered!!  It was third time lucky but they are now registered as life-time members of the feline race.  To be truthful, I am not sure whose lifetime they are registered for; that has never been made clear but it saves me having to tackle the Claremont Council annually, and as a senior citizen it was very cheap because I qualified for a 50% discount.

I did another speed spin yesterday and almost filled a second bobbin with that 'Storm' blend so I will have enough to finish my vest and some left over to play around with.  Maybe I will get to blend it better on my blending board than the Kiwis managed.  I must say, though, that the two hundred grams extra which I bought was better blended than the first half kilo.

My swift has arrived so now I can wind my skeins without having to resort to chair backs or unwilling family members to keep the yarn from tangling as I wind; and my four braids of 'Jewel' from Kathy's Fibres in Hahndorf, South Australia, arrived yesterday.  That is destined to become a pull-through scarf but I need to finish spinning the black corriedale first.

My  doctor has asked me to record my blood pressure in the mornings and evenings and it is much lower than it was last time I recorded it.  In fact, it is so low in the mornings that I have taken to selecting the second to lowest rather than the lowest of three; and in the evenings it is way lower by about 40 mm.  The only thing I can think of is that the yoga has somehow regulated it because I am not meditating at the moment.  I must get back to it  -  I read this morning that meditation delays dementia.

This is a braid of the 'Jewel' roving.  Click on the picture to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment