Thursday, January 11, 2018

Fire and Fury Mk II


I have just returned from a tour of the local bookshops to try to buy a hard copy of Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff but to no avail.  It has supposedly been available in hard copy for a couple of days now and the “Proper” bookshop (The Lane Bookshop) has been inundated with orders for it but so far has been unable to get it in.  Dymock’s  will have a problem with space unless the book “flies off the shelf” as reports of its sales suggest.



I am reading it on e-Book and am up to chapter 12 but with an e-Book it is hard to  bookmark parts for future reference  or to re-read some of the earlier pages  -  hence my wish for a hard copy.  I am in no hurry since I am able to read it anyway and have had it on my e-reader since 5th January, but . . .



Techie came this morning to try to fix my main computer but I still ended up with the Blue Screen of Death and I have asked him to take it away and do whatever is necessary to get it up and running again which he said might mean a new hard drive and then load everything back.  My main concerns are Family Tree Maker which should be no problem since I have a backup CD and all the documentation needed for the upgrade to FTM 17 but I am concerned that I might have to pay for a subscription to MS Office.  Fingers crossed that Microsoft will allow me to reload Office 16.  I have all the documentation for that as well so I might be lucky.



I only have a few rows more to knit to finish the back of the possum sweater I am knitting and they are all ever decreasing rows.  Next up is the front where I am going to modify the pattern in order to give the sweater a cowl neckline, the pattern for which I have stolen from another sweater pattern but it looks fairly simple so I am confident that I will be able to do it.  If not it will end up having a V-neck; no big deal but a nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment