Friday, January 19, 2018

Banishing the Blue Screen?


Today my computer was taken away to have a heart/brain transplant.  Hopefully it will return to its former glory although I am not looking forward to reloading Family Tree Maker.  I did it 16 months ago and it seemed to sync without the assistance of Gedcom so I am hoping that it will do so again. With luck I will not lose too much data but sometimes I can almost see the benefits of The Cloud although I have avoided it where I could up until now.

Over the 24 hours of Monday 15th January, Swanbourne, which is the suburb adjacent to Claremont and officially measures the rainfall in the area, registered 138.6mm of rain.  It rained steadily, heavily and without pause for over 24 hours, something I have never seen before here in Western Australia.  I used to cycle to work all through the winter months and only once managed to get wet.  We mostly get our rain via intermittent showers, heavy at times.

We are now back to fine and hot but not as hot as it is over east where cricket and tennis is being played in 40+ degrees Celsius.

The family called in a couple of days ago and Parsifal snuck out into the passage and we didn’t even miss him.  He was very happy to be home again but he had missed out his usual meeting and greeting.  Luckily I do not think that anyone except Mrs 705 is up here at the moment so there was no lift traffic to tempt him to take a trip downstairs.  Poppy always takes herself off to her ‘safe place’ which is my bedroom and only comes out when everyone has departed.



I have bought myself a hard copy of ‘Fire and Fury’ so that I can re-read it and mark places worthy of  going back to.  When I decided to re-read ‘Daily Life in Biblical Times’ I had a difficult hunt through my Kobo library to find it again.  I am thinking of getting that book in a hard copy as well; it is a very interesting read even the second time around.

There was a very, very funny Newspaper headline posted on Facebook today.  I do not know if it was Fake News or for real but it was very clever.  However, I will not reproduce it here as it is political and Google and my readers might not like it.  But it is too good to forget so I have taken a screen shot of it for posterity.


No comments:

Post a Comment