Wednesday, January 31, 2018

DNA and that Pesky Blood Group

This was given to me yesterday and I thought that I would share it post by post:-

"In Japan, they have replaced the impersonal and unhelpful Microsoft Error messages with Haiku poetry messages.  Haiku poetry has strict construction rules.  Each poem has only three lines, 17 syllables:  five syllables in the first line, seven in the second, five in the third.

Haikus are used to communicate a timeless message, often achieving a wistful, yearning and powerful insight through extreme brevity  -  the essence of Zen . . . "

Your file was so big.
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.

I have just posted off a sample for DNA testing to see if it can shed some light on the origin of my B blood group.  It will  take a couple of months to get back to me so I will forget it for the next few weeks. I had to spit into a little tube and it is astonishing how hard it is even with the aid of a lemon but I think that I managed in the end.  The instructions told me to fill the tube up to the line, excluding the bubbles.  Hmmmm . . .

To add to my computer woes, now my printer has been refusing to behave itself, telling me that it was low on toner but then printing for me albeit reluctantly.  Since I had just replaced the toner I was inclined to ignore its instructions  but last night I gave in and replaced the toner which seemed to satisfy its yearning and it is now printing on request without moaning about being empty.

And to make matters more frustrating it is refusing to scan so I spent some time last night trying to fix the problem.  Pressing the two buttons simultaneously as per the online instructions did nothing so I went to Control panel/Devices and printers and right-clicked on the printer icon.  That gave me a whole list of options, one of which was 'scan'  -  and it scanned for me.  My old printer never put me through that sort of hassle but technology seems to be getting harder the more Microsoft shrinks the screen contents to dots and lines with hidden menus which only the computer savvy ever find.

No comments:

Post a Comment