Friday, January 5, 2018

Fire and Fury . . .

. . . the way I feel about my main computer at the moment.  If it had to blow a gasket then I would have preferred that it did so any time except at the beginning of the Christmas season when getting it fixed was going to be a long-term process.  I'll try phoning Techie next week.

I am still managing with my surface Pro 3 and am gradually setting up and adding tiles and links to sites which I frequent but the screen is small and that irritates me somewhat.  I realise that I could plug it into my big screen  -  I have already plugged in a standard keyboard and mouse but it seems to be a bit of a slap in the monitor to simply use it as a conduit.

As for the title of this entry  -  I pre-ordered the above-named e-book and it appeared in my Kobo reader this morning.  I am looking forward to reading it although I realise that it could be part fiction and only loosely based on fact.  However, I have been following American Politics for the past year and am prepared, at this stage, to believe almost anything generated by the White House.

As an Australian I have been able to stand back and tell myself that "there but for the grace of god go I" although insulting Kim Jong-Un seems to be akin to stirring up a nest of fire ants . . . but we are in the danger zone on a couple of counts.

Christmas is over today  - last night was Twelfth Night and I have dismantled the tiny Christmas Tree which I placed on top of one of the cats' scratching posts.  All but one of my Christmas cards came from a couple of my financial connections and organisations to which I donate and I have no regrets about binning them, except the one from a friend in Malta; I collect them as her husband paints beautiful water colour Maltese scenes and each year one of the paintings features on their Christmas cards. 

I received a couple of emails from people apologising for not sending out cards this year; it seems to be the latest trend as the Post office becomes more parcel orientated because now we shop online for a lot of things.  Yesterday I received a consignment of heavy degreaser to clean up the mess left by on of D2's incontinent cars.  For some reason it is something which Bunnings doesn't stock so I had to get it from the other side of the country.

Today we watch the cricket  -  tomorrow we degrease.

No comments:

Post a Comment