Saturday, September 15, 2018

Boomerang Drone Mk. 3

A couple of days ago I once again filled in the "contact us" form for the cats' drone supplier stating that I realised that I was not going to see the drone any time in the future, that according to the supplier's tracking it had been sitting at a depot since July 7th awaiting collection to be sent on to me and I had given up trying to follow it up.

So imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to an email apologising for the delay in reply to my message of July 27th and that they would be going through their back records to see if my purchase could be located.  What I did not say in my message was that I had already searched out another cat toy supplier although, once bitten, I was not going to spend up big to any company which had not proven itself although, to do this supplier justice mine was the initial mistake and the problem came with the mechanism of re-sending it once it had returned to sender.

I have been walking around Lake Claremont most mornings and yesterday invested in a pedometer which tells me that from my apartment, around the Lake and home again is close to 6.5km, burns 208 calories and takes 4,378 steps.  I now have three sequined peaked caps and there are a couple more which I have my eye on.  My theory about lost things is that as soon as I replace them the originals re-appear but so far my iinet and Make Australia Great Again caps have not surfaced.

Today was that day which the whole household dreads  -  the clipping of claws.  This has to be done every three weeks which seems to be the longest I can leave them before they are uncomfortable for the cats.  They always seem to be happy after the event but that might be simply because they know that it will be some time before it has to be done again.  Parsifal is no problem but Poppy has arthritis in her left arm and has to be muzzled and wrapped in a towel to save both of us from being injured.

Spring is definitely here but the mornings are very cold and clear so I need to walk briskly to keep warm.  Everyone else I meet seems to be rugged up but I found, in the olden days when I walked along the beachfront every morning, that I do not feel cold if I walk fast enough; and I absorb all that extra Vitamin D.

The limerick:-

There was a young peasant named Gorse
Who fell madly in love with his horse.
Said his wife, "You rapscallion
That horse is a stallion  -
This constitutes grounds for divorce."

No comments:

Post a Comment