Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thumbs up.



Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and had my thumb joints injected with cortico-steroid in the hope that it would reduce the pain and make dropping things less likely.  I am not holding my breath but it is a last resort and I needed to go down that path to judge whether it will help.  My doctor and my knitting group are all waiting with baited breath for the results. I was told that it would be a few days before I noticed definitive improvements and the joints are still sore   Even typing hurts a bit when I hit the space bar but it is less than 24 hours yet.

Denied the opportunity to carry out activities which might stir up my thumb joints I went shopping and bought two pairs of light lace-up shoes for summer, looked in another shoe shop and realised that I was looking at a pair of shoes which were drastically reduced and were exactly the colour of my skirt  -  so I now have three new pairs of shoes for summer.

I am halfway up the sleeve which I am currently knitting using a pattern which is quick and easy and which I tend to   look on as disposable sweaters since they pill and then shrink when I wash them.  When I have finished  it I can start on the purple possum sweater which I will knit with the same pattern as the pink possum but will work out another modified neckline.

I intended to go for another walk  in the park but was unable to find either of my baseball caps.  There is a children’s clothing shop downstairs and they sell very decorative baseball caps so I went in and asked of their caps fit adults.  They are very adjustable so I bought a sequined one and intend to go back as they have a pink one with a cats’ face and ears  -  a must have so I will be going back again tomorrow for that one.  It can double as a ‘me too’ as well as keeping the sun of my face. (see my google name).



The latest limerick:-

A lady there was in Antigua
Who said to her spouse,'What a pigua.'
He answered,'My queen
Is it manners you mean?
Or do you refer to my figua?'

No comments:

Post a Comment