Saturday, September 22, 2018

Double Trouble

I have had a fairly fraught week with the cats. Spring is here and they are both moulting and on Monday night (today is Saturday here in Australia) Parsifal brought up ALL of his dinner.  Luckily I managed to get a rubber flipflap underneath and that caught most of it and I was able to wash it off, but then he spent the rest of the night throwing up all over the apartment and I had to spend all of Tuesday morning cleaning the carpets.

Then I realised that neither of them had been using their litter boxes so I took Parsifal to the vet where he gave me a nasty scratch in the wrist and refused to let the vet near him so I just had to wait it out and hope.  Neither of them ate anything for days but last night they started drinking and finally their insides started working again and they are now much happier little cats and have been sleeping bigly.

Yesterday I received an email saying that a parcel had been held up at Customs and I needed to identify myself and describe in detail what was in the package.  I phoned the number given and they already knew who I was so I didn't have to identify myself further but there lay the rub.  I have three outstanding e-parcels and none of them was being delivered by the designated courier so I took a stab at the missing drone, only to realise that the parcel was, according to the person I spoke to, coming from England so it had to be the silk flowers from 'Museum Selection'.  I cannot imagine such a reputable site would be sending me drugs or explosives so goodness knows if I will get my flowers.

Today was wonderfully warm and was the opening day of the Royal Agricultural Show so the RAS must have some special relationship with the weather gods because the last week has been VERY chilly.  The Show is held just down the road from where I live so there will be more people and more cars but I imagine that, long weekend or not, all the shops will remain open to catch the passing trade.

The Limerick:-

A book and a jug and a dame,
And a nice cozy nook for the same;
'And I don't care a damn,'
Said Omar Khayyam,
'What you say, it's a great little game.'

No comments:

Post a Comment