Monday, September 10, 2018

Thumbs up Mk 2

For anyone with arthritic thumbs and who is in despair because doing anything is so painful, my thumbs are now, after their injection of cortisone much better.  Not best; it would take a miracle but I can now pick up a 2 litre carton of milk without dropping it and no longer feel like Donald Trump when I drink a glass of water.

I don't expect it to last  -  that was never a given and google gave a timeline of three months.  The trouble is that it is almost impossible to 'save' the thumbs although five days of fairly severe pain taught me a few tricks to avoid aggravating them.

Spring is here and yesterday was a perfect day so I put on a pair of shorts and went for another walk in the park.  It takes me about an hour to get around the circuit and this morning I did the whole circumference of the lake itself.  I was able to get closer to the water but also close to the school boys playing on their sports fields which somewhat spoilt the peace although I would never grudge them their tennis.  This morning I saw a group of fluffy goslings.  Yesterday I only saw one and wondered what had happened to its siblings.

I have started knitting the purple possum sweater, not because I have finished the disposable one but because I have reached a place in that one where I have to keep an eye on the rows and that is not a good idea at the knitting group; we all talk too much and have all discovered that it is best to keep it simple or it all has  to be undone afterwards.

So now I am walking for an hour per day, meditating morning and evening and will be back to doing yoga this evening.  I am not sure if I can keep up the pace but maybe I will lose some weight and will dare to wear the black rubber chastity belt which I bought this morning to let in the sunlight and boost my Vitamin D levels.

The limerick:-

A young trapeze artist named Bract
Is faced by a very sad fact.
Imagine his pain
When, again and again,
He catches his wife in the act!

No comments:

Post a Comment