Unexpectedly, when I turned on the light in my study this evening, the light over my computer was working again. I assume that moisture was causing it to short out and the warmer weather we have had over the last few days has dried things out. Perhaps it will not give me grief again until next winter.
However, the bathroom lights are still not working and I have been told once again that it is probably a transformer since it blew out the main switch; I need to get hold of the Multiplex Rep again.
The Poms came to visit and have a look at the apartment this afternoon after which we all repaired to the chocolate shop and had Hot Belgium Chocolate - mine a trifle hotter since I prefer the Chilli Chocolate to the straight stuff.