First it was one of the bathroom lights which blew with a bit of a bang and tripped the main switch. Now I have lost, in the last two days, the light over the bathroom bench, one of the lights in my study and one of the lights in the powder room.
I have never liked halogen lights nd I am not sure if I simply had a bad lot of globes installed or if it is the wiring and after being without a telephone for a week last month because water got into the insulation, I suspsect that it could be the wiring.
My son-in-law tried to remove one of the failed globes but it defied all his attempts and later I tried as well but short of taking to it with a hammer I could see no way of removing it. There is a rim around it and that will have to come out too, but I am at a loss to know how. I will ask Himself sometime as the Selfs have some similar lights in their house.
What I would like to do is to replace the lot with LEDs and as soon as I am sure that the wiring is OK I will probably do so. It will cost - but hopefully they will be cheaper to run and more reliable.