Sunday, November 20, 2011

Passing in on the other side

Yesterday I attended the auction of the apartment at the other end of the corridor and facing north. It has been fairly extensively modified and was fully furnished. There were no initial bids so the auctioneer made a vendor bid of $1,900,000 but their was no response so the property was passed in at $2,200,000 which appears to have been another vendor bid as the auctioneer said that he would negotiate from that price to any interested party and that it would sell at the reserve price which, I gather, was in the mid to high $2 millions.

I'm not sure what happens from there but it doesn't look good the the apartment opposite it which is on the market for $2,450,000; but that one does have river views.

The representative from SecureaKat will be here this coming week and hopefully he will be contacting me to measure and quote for cat screening. I am not sure that I am going to get away with having it installed but I am hoping that it will go un-noticed since my apartment can only be seen from very few vantage points and there doesn't seem to be anything in the contract to say that I can't do it. But if I don't screen then I don't get the kittens I want although D3 has offered to introduce me to the breeder who sold them their little Burmese and who seemed to them to be much more reasonable about risk, telling them that they should keep him inside but it was up to them.

I'll get some cats one way or another, even if I have to adopt a couple of rescue kittens. There will be plenty of them about at this time of year, poor little babies.

Himself has been doctored (not the same way as cats are doctored) and I have a photo to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment