Monday, November 30, 2015

Out of the Bight and into the Sunshine

 Today is the first day of summer and I was out on the balcony getting my daily dose of Vitamin D and freezing in the almost gale force sea breeze which was already making its presence felt at 6.30am.

Yesterday Techie came by and collected my main computer since I have been unable to download Windows 10 and this morning he phoned to tell me that the reason I have been unable to download Windows 10 was a faulty hard drive so I am getting a new computer loaded with the latest non-subscription version of MS Word and it should be ready the day after tomorrow.

This is a nice little machine and is a good teaching tool.  I have been fiddling around with it on and off for the last couple of days but the more I use it the more I realise just how different it is to Windows 7 and the more hidden traps there are for the unwary; and most things are well hidden.  I have spent a lot of time searching through the various dots, bars and arrows for things which I know are there somewhere.

I have skeined off the first of the Rincewind/Melange yarn and it is ... um... interesting.  However, it is exactly the sort of yarn for a pattern which I want to knit when I have worked through all the other projects which I have lined up.  It might jump the queue, though, because it is a very fashionable colour for this season and which will hopefully carry over into next winter.

I opened my blog in Chrome yesterday and found that this blog has a 'G' rating so Google has been reading it and has deemed it safe for the babes and sucklings of this world.  Nice to know .

EDITED to say that I suspect that the 'G' might stand for Google as I was using Chrome when I wrote this entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment