Sunday, September 11, 2016

How to Hate Windows 10 in Six Easy Lessons 3

When I went to send an email to my brother using Microsoft Outlook 16 I discovered that I only had one contact  -  the daughter of a friend -  so I have a big job ahead of me to restore my contacts list.  Then I decided to check my Sent Mail Folder and it wasn't there so I had to (Grrrr) ask Cortona where it was.  She gave some suggestions which didn't work but one of them was to change the layout of the page.  That gave me a little arrow in the upper left side of the page which, when clicked on, shows all my folders, including Sent Emails. 

Ye Gods  -  why do they have to make it so hard to find things which used to be there all the time.  I am slowly changing over to Gmail but some of my official stuff is still in Outlook  -  not the new Outlook (formerly Live mail) which doesn't receive, only sends (the one I call the lilypond), but I am fearful that Microsoft is winding us up to buy their Subscription version of Microsoft Office and Outlook 16 will cease to work.

Luckily when Windows 10 first started to misbehave I saved the contacts list from my Windows 7 computer onto a flash drive so I have it regardless of how many crashes Microsoft is able to engineer.  The trouble is that it goes back years and I am going to have to go through and do something with the names which I no longer recognise.  I don't want to delete them just in case they are important at some stage in the future.

Probably my best option is to put the ones which I recognise into Outlook 16 and keep the flash drive intact. And then back to the drawing board ...

I have started spinning again but have had to modify my technique to allow for my very painful thumbs but am finding my new way faster and easier.  It is, actually, the recommended way of holding the fibre but I found that I needed to do a very drastic pre-draft first.  I could probably put the resulting fibre through a diz which is a tool which I have never managed to master.  It is on my to-do list for when I have some fibre which I can happily throw away if I end up with a terrible tangle which is what tends to happen every time I try.

I have finished the pink section of the colourway I am spinning and have started on the brown section.  I am not sure how they will go together but will spin the dark grey section before I decide what I am going to knit with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment