Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother of God !!

My mothers' day present from D1 is 'Mother of God: a History of the Virgin Mary'. Topical and date-appropriate anyway and it could be interesting, being a medieval history of the Christian church and its influence on Western thinking.

The Selfs will be back at the end of this week and I am going to have to give Himself back his vinyl to CD machine before too long and I have not been good about working through my records so yesterday I went onto Amazon.co.uk and looked through their CD collection. Five of the records are now on CD, including 'Free as Air' which I have been trying to get for many, many years but since it was never as popular or well known as 'Salad Days' it has, until now, been unavailable on CD. I had my vinyl copy professionally copied to CD but the record is almost 50 years old and the reproduction wasn't all that good. So, Yeah!!

I now have several parcels winging their way chez minnie, including 'Pride and Prejudice and the Zombies' which people have been laughing about on Librarything.com. Also three vampire books by Paul Magrs. I don't normally read vampire books but they are a very popular genre. I must say that the archetypal vampire book, 'Dracula', was pretty boring but I imagine that gothic literature (?) has advanced since Buffy and all her works.

No comments:

Post a Comment